01209 200200
Join HomeSwapper


If you are an assured tenant, you have the right to exchange your home with other housing association tenants or local authority secure tenants anywhere in the UK.



Coastline customers can join HomeSwapper free of charge to look for a housing exchange.


It's available on the web and apps for Apple and Android devices.


HomeSwapper has a database of UK tenants who are advertising their homes because they would like to move. When you register, HomeSwapper will search for possible matches and send details by email, text or letter.


If you do not have easy access to the internet, you can download and print an application form below, or ask for one to be sent by using My Coastline. After you return the form we add your details to HomeSwapper. You can then look through the printed HomeSwapper lists we keep in reception at Coastline House. These are updated every month.


Application fee

A £100 payment from each Coastline Housing customer taking part in an exchange must be made before the process is started. This fee is broken down as follows:

  • £25 administration fee
  • £75 safety check fee

The £25 administration fee is non-refundable should any party including Coastline Housing cancel the exchange at any time.


The £75 safety check fee is only refundable if the exchange is cancelled by any party including Coastline Housing prior to the safety checks being carried out.


It is important that you check your eligibility to move prior to making an application, and that the people involved in the exchange are committed to moving.


Rent in advance

All new tenancies with Coastline Housing require two weeks rent in advance to be paid. This payment must be made before the exchange is completed.



To read our mutual exchange policy and grounds for refusal information please visit our policies page.You do not have the right to exchange if your tenancy is an assured shorthold.


When you have found someone you want to swap with, you each need to fill in an application form which can be downloaded at the foot of this page.


You must have permission from us before exchanging, and filling in the the forms is the first step in being given this.


For the exchange process to be started you must not have arrears on your rent account.


A housing exchange can sometimes affect your tenancy rights, including the Right to Acquire or Preserved Right to Buy. If you are planning to buy the home you are moving into, you should check with the landlord of the property whether you will be able to do so.


Please ask us for more information if you are thinking of doing a mutual exchange. We can give you the right advice for your own circumstances.


Related Documents

Reporting a repair? Save time with My Coastline! Click the link at the top of the page to register or log in.
Garrick, Coastline's digital dog.
RT : Pengegon Family Festival! Well done to everyone involved in organising - it was brilliant to work in partnership w… https://t.co/XEuWGNhaZv